Thank you for your interest in these heritage sites! If you now find yourself filled with wanderlust, let Explore APA Heritage be your portal to finding new hiking and camp sites throughout Nevada and California. Here is a guide to navigating the site:
- Explore Sites will take you to all the current and updated listings. You can:
- Explore by Feature – interested in learning about archaeological, labor, mining, and railroad sites maintained by early Asian Pacific American pioneers? You can start your search here.
- Explore by Location – search for sites based on state, counties, National Forest sites, or associated public or private lands.
- Explore with Historypin – The Chinese Historical Society of America and US Forest Service teamed up to create a map on Historypin.org highlighting historical use of public and surrounding lands by early Asian Pacific American settlers. It currently has 164 pins.
- Maps and directions: Each listing comes with a brief history, a handy information guide, map, and in some cases, access directions. Note: Not all listings will have complete information based on the historical site’s features.
- Safety: Please do proper research before visiting each site! Prepare yourself to enjoy these historical and archaeological sites in a safe and responsible manner. Do not engage with wildlife, though they may appear tame. For more information on how to safely navigate national forests and historic sites, please visit the U.S. Forest Service’s page Know Before You Go.
- Last but not least: Please respect the sites and wildlife!