Cheney Creek, once also referred to as “China Creek” on old maps, was home to a Chinese camp during the 1800’s and 1900’s.The Chinese in this area owned laundromats and cafes, and they served as cooks and farm hands.
Located just outside the main center of towns, Chinese workers inhabited secluded areas adjacent to creeks. In particular, Cheney Creek was a great location because many trees provided shelter from the elements. Many fires have burned through the area, which have destroyed any remaining wooden structures, but ceramics may remain.
Submitted by: Felicia Luna
Associations, Camp, Mining